Bill Gee wrote:
Hello everyone -

I have several questions regarding elevation profiles.  I am not sure this
is the correct term, so here is a link to a map which shows what I am
looking for.

http://www.planivy.cz/aktivity/47/planivy_mapa.png

The elevation profile is the bottom part of this map.  It is similar to a
cross-section except it goes along the survey centerline.

1) When creating the scraps, are these defined as "elevation" or as
"extended"?
I cannot find anything in the Therion book which describes what the
difference is.

2) How are these included in the main map?

As best I can figure, I need to define a new layout for the profile, export
it, then use some sort of image or include to get it to show up on the main
map.
If true, then perhaps I need to create a new thconfig file just for the
profile.

Is this illustrated with any of the samples that come with Therion?  I
looked at some (not all) of the samples and did not see anything obvious.

Thanks - Bill Gee

Hi Bill

Yes that's an elevantion. Whether it is extended or projected depends on how
you set it up in the first place. Are you importing paperless data from
pocket topo, in which case I suggest you use Andrew Atkinson's Topparser to
import your data and set you files up properly.

We use a single thconfig file which generates the elevation pdf and then
imports it (as a pdf) into the image being generated for the plan (or vice
versa, either can work).

I suggest that you look at the Cheddar catchment stuff at
http://www.cave-registry.org.uk/svn/CheddarCatchment/ particularly the file
http://www.cave-registry.org.uk/svn/CheddarCatchment/thconfigres+whitespot
or for a slightly simpler alternative, the file
http://www.cave-registry.org.uk/svn/CheddarCatchment/Spider/thconfig

Graham