Hi,

I've been having some problems getting grid labels to appear how I
want around my survey. I've put some examples on my ftp site so you
can see what I mean. The files mentioned below can all be found:
ftp://ftp.gns.cri.nz/incoming/JennyB/therion/ .

To add a grid and some coordinate labels, I added:

 grid bottom
 grid-coords border

to my thconfig file. The grid itself is plotted as I expect, but the
coordinates are not quite how I would like them. I've played around a
bit and there appear to be two problems (neither of which I know how
to fix!):

1. the coordinates don't exactly appear on the border - they seem to
be plotted on the crosshair point that is closest to, but outside of,
the survey. The pdf output isn't extended to included these. Sometimes
this is OK, because the legend is outside of the survey area so these
numbers are visible (2004-01-plan.pdf). Other times, the numbers are
either not visible at all, or clipped (e.g. 2004-01-plan-original.pdf
- the number on the East and West axes are clipped, those on the North
axis are completely off the page, and those on the South axis are
sufficiently far from the survey they interfere with the legend).
Whilst I can work around this by use of grid-size and with placing
objects like the legend in suitable places (e.g. 2004-01-plan.pdf),
this isn't going to look as nice, especially for: 107-plan.pdf, where
you currently don't see numbers on any axis except the west, and then
only the final two digits.

- Is there a way to extend the output page to include these
coordinates so that they aren't clipped (as happens automatically for
the map and legend)?

- Is it possible to plot the numbers on the edge of the survey rather
than the nearest crosshair point?

- can I specify which axes they appear on (e.g. I'd like to see them
on the South and West, but not North and East)

2. The coordinates are plotted in the form: (x,y) along each axis, I'd
like to only show the x coordinates on the x axis, and the y
coordinates on the y axis (with no brackets or comma). Is this
customisable in the thconfig file?

I can't see anything in the thbook or mailing lists about how to solve
these problems, but I'm sure other people have had them too, and I'm
missing something, I just don't know what!

I get the same output on windows 7 with therion 5.3.15 and linux with
therion  5.3.16.

I hope that I have explained this clearly enough, but please let me know if not.

Thanks,
Jenny