Bruce wrote:

"Also notice you have added a link to an executable for converting maps to data.

Is there a page or some information about what it is and how it works?

Some might be nervous about downloading an executable directly without any
explanation about what it is and how it works (in case it is malware)"

Bruce

That program is part of Larry Fish's "Compass" suite. It is perfectly safe to
use. The one thing to remember is that its output is a Compass data file which
means that whatever you think you did when using it, it will automatically
convert all lengths to decimal feet. This is not an issue just as long as you
remember it. I've used it a number of times, but only on small caves or mines,
so I've had little problem editing the output into a therion or survex file by
hand - and remembering to add the line "tape units feet" to it.

Graham