Thanks Bruce, I didn't know that. Last time I tried I was trying to
generate two different plan PDFs from one thconfig file, and found I got
the same PDF output. But I had not realised that multiple maps were being
included in that output.

What I had tried to do was combine several outputs into one file by doing
something like this:

select <map1>
export <plan pdf of map1>
select <map2>
export <plan pdf of map2>

As I understand this now, this still would not work as I intended. But it
would generate two PDFs both containing both map1 and map2 right?

Footleg