Everyone different it seems!  Does not matter so long as each drawing team uses
the same conventions.

For me/the team I work in, we (potentially) have an 'author <date> <person>'
entry for each of ;

*.th centreline 'author <date> <person>'

File creation and data entry

Data checking (maybe it is done)

Subsequent significant edits

*.th2 scrap '-author <date> <person>'

Scrap creation and drawing (we treat the authors of in-cave sketches, ptopo
drawings or pen-on-ink published maps as NOT the scrap authors)

Subsequent significant edits

We add acknowledgement of original maps and drawings in the map header or in a
textbox on the pdf map.  I like Mykyta and Xavier’s approach however, and think
I might add the original paper drawing author to scraps in future.

We tend to have one author per centreline and scrap, but not always the case.
We do use multiple authors and dates .

Xavier’s comment that the authors appear in the header surprizes me.  I have
never seen evidence that Therion does anything with the author data.

Not in pdf outputs nor in sql outputs, although looking in the Therion Book, I
see there is some hint that they might.

It is possible that my projects are so metapost customised that I have
inadvertently excluded their output!

And the database outputs always give me a headache, so if it is there, I may
have missed it.

I would like the option of reporting the author data in outputs, so please,
enlighten me.

Bruce