More of a problem at scrap joins where both scraps have water area fills
adjoining is that the hash lines indicating the fill type do not align. I
work around this by drawing the entire water fill area on just one of the
scraps so that it overlaps on top of the adjoining scrap (they must be in
the same 'block' of the map; without a 'break' between them). Turn 'clip
off' for the area fill so it extends outside the scrap border, overlapping
the other scrap and appears as one area fill on the PDF. I often use this
deliberately to hide colour differences at scrap joins where I am colouring
my scrap backgrounds by altitude. The water area fill is always blue in my
layout so it hides the contrast between adjoining scrap colours (circled in
red in attached graphic).

Footleg
[image: ScrapJoinHiddenByWater.png]