From: Jarvist Moore Frost
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2018 00:07
Subject: Re: Aven in stereoscopic 3D
To: Pedro Silva Pinto
Cc: sur...@survex.com <sur...@survex.com>

Perhaps easiest is to extract the data & use with a more mainstream viewer.

I had a lot of luck with Pymol (designed for biological molecules /
molecular dynamics), and Thomas Holder's python library for directly
importing .3d data:
https://github.com/jarvist/migovecsurveydata/tree/master/scripts/pymol

Example video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s68V9EsRvmE

Pymol is open source, but a lot of the web links direct you to the pay
version.

Pymol supports all kinds of weird and wonderful 3D outputs, including
shutter glasses. Mainly I've just used the 'cross eyed' stereo and anaglyph
(coloured 3D specs).

Back in ~2011 I wrote a C program that linked to Survex and exported the
.3d file to a '.CGO' set of graphics primitives. This was a bit more
clunky, but also worked fine.

Best,

Jarv