Has anyone thought about what the correct SDs for distoX/distoX2 (as
opposed to compass and tape) surveys are?  I reckon distoX surveys
have significantly lower expected error, due to the 'measure 3 times'
leg feature (if used) and just higher accuracy due to instrument
itself, ease of taking readings (no need to get head near station),
and no difficulties with steep legs > 15 degrees.

Seems to me this means that we should be using different SDs for these
surveys (at least for bearing and inclination readings - length is not
obviously more reliable), but I'm not sure how to quantify those
improvements.

Anyone got any ideas what numbers to use?

Wookey
http://wookware.org/