From: Therion <therion-boun...@speleo.sk> On Behalf Of Andrew Atkinson via
Therion
Sent: Friday, 21 September 2018 09:16
To: therion@speleo.sk
Cc: Andrew Atkinson <and...@wotcc.org.uk>
Subject: Re: [Therion] Height numbers in square boxes

Yes the Missouri set would be even better.

> A common convention around Missouri cave mapping is to indicate the
> height change of a floor step by enclosing the value in a square box.
> This is not the same as ceiling height which is enclosed in a circle
> or oval

The therion book indicates that height can be added to pit or wall:pit
p29
"height <value> ▷ height of pit or wall:pit; available in METAPOST as a numeric
variable ATTR__height."

I guess that would also make sense for a floor-step, however if you try it you
get the error -height not valid with type floor-step When you use an altitude
on a wall it adds a label but does not seem to with pits maybe the same should
happen with steps and pits, currently I have no idea what happens to the height
attribute on a pit. Looking at data.mp the l_floorstep does have a ATTR__height
and it is set to -1!

Yes I'm having similar problems to you defining a box, my skills are generally
limited to copying existing definitions and adjusting them slightly. My guess
is that it is not a metapost, it is tex as it is a label, in tex you can put a
box round text  with

\fbox{4}

but how or if you can use that in therion I do not know.

It is a problem that is interesting me, as I think it is something that I might
want to use.

Andrew