‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Thursday, October 10, 2019 3:04 PM, Bruce Mutton <br...@tomo.co.nz> wrote:

> My suggestion would be;
>
> - If the symbols you are using/creating are not from any of the existing
> symbol sets, then I would suggest a new symbol set.   If the symbols are for
> a widely used set of symbols that is not yet present in Therion, then they
> should be offered for inclusion in Therion, otherwise perhaps better to keep
> in your own layout, and make available for others via the wiki.

I believe the ones I will be creating first will be rather general use.

You talk about making them available via the wiki. Is there already a space in
the wiki with shared symbols? I looked for it (rather quickly, I confess) but
coudln't find any.

> - If your symbols are for a symbol set already in Therion, then add your new
> symbols to that set.

My main idea is to have a "complete" symbol set to use. From this point of view
the best approach would be to complete the most complete one but I will
probably work with the UIS one as being the most standartized one.

>  BTW Therion already automatically substitutes symbols that are missing from
> your chosen symbol set, with those from another.

How does it work exactly? What is the list of symbol sets searched by Therion?
In which order are they searched? I couldn't find references to this in Therion
Book (in another quick search).

> You can set in your layout different substitutions if you do not like the
> defaults.

How?

>  However, I welcome the creation of many more symbol choices – sparsity and
> artistic ‘quality’ of symbols is one of Therion’s long standing weaknesses
> IMHO.

Definitely. I agree. I'm not sure I'm the person to solve this issue but who
knows?

Regards,

Rodrigo Severo