Hi all

You can use relatives paths like that:

..\top-folder\
.\sub-folder\

..\   means one folder level higher (..\..\    is like to folder levels up)
.\    means actual working folder

If you have your project files at the same level like a folder for your
tex/metapost code like this:
Therion-Folder
   Sub-Folder-Code
   Sub-Folder-project

You can reference from your project folder to the code folder like this:
..\Sub-Folder\Code\metapost-code.th

cheers,
Torsten