> 15. 11. 2019 v 14:33, Bill Gee <b...@campercaver.net>:
>
> Regarding the strange offsets of [0 0 ft] - That is intentional.  If I did
> not do the offset with "above" or "below", then the transparency effects did
> not work.  It was not clear which passage was above or below.  They were all
> mashed together as if they were one layer.  A true offset was not, in my
> judgement, necessary.

There is a way you may use to organize layers of maps with above and below:

 map layer_3.map -projection plan -title "Radavc - layer 3“
   radavc_2012_w_plan_s2d
   preview above layer_1.map
   preview above layer_2.map
   preview below layer_4.map
   preview below layer_5.map
   preview below layer_6.map
endmap

map layer_4.map -projection plan -title "Radavc - layer 4“
….

It means that you define what is relative position of a map definition to
another maps which create an overall map.

>  And one last question, just because I am curious:  Does the naming
> convention of "name@place" extend to more than one layer?  Is something like
> "name@cave@space" possible?  Could I write something like
> "AllieMainPlan@AllieSpringCave@BCRPlanMap"?

There is another syntax, but it works only for surveys/name spaces:

AllieMainPlan@AllieSpringCave.BCRPlanMap.x.y etc.

object@name_space.higher_name_space.higher_name_space

Martin