Hi,

I have been a COMPASS user the last two decades. Four years ago I have switched to Therion for the mainly tasks, but I need also powerful COMPASS  tools like:

 * Blunder and gross errors detection:

https://www.fountainware.com/compass/HTML_Help/Project_Manager/findblunders.htm
 * Complex Plotting:
   https://www.fountainware.com/compass/HTML_Help/Compass_Viewer/complexplot.htm
 * Graph Tools:
   https://www.fountainware.com/compass/HTML_Help/Compass_Viewer/graphtools.htm

To can use this tools and need to convert files: " .th" --> " .dat"  and Export from Therion to ".plt"

To use  "COMPASS Viewer", where are the graph and complex plotting tools,  I need ".plt" files.

Therion export directly to ".plt" but don't use Compass surveys and sections.  A  Therion survey is equivalent to Compass section. And Therion centerline is equivalent to Compass survey. All the data  exported from Therion to .plt are in only one Compass Section/survey.

And the export option  "-disable splay-shots" do anything, the ".plt" have  always the splay shots.

An other approach is to export to ".3d". From AVEN I can disable the splays an export to ".plt". The files have the same problem, don't export the data by surveys.

Actually I am exporting to ".3d". In AVEN  I disable splay shoots, and select one survey and export. I repeat for all surveys. After I copy&paste all the data to one only file, and do two tweaks to have a good ".plt" to work with "Compass Viewer tools".

It would be much more efficient to be able to export Therion models directly to .plt files, with Compass section and survey. I really only need to export in one of the concepts (section or survey) the Therion surveys to be able to use the tools.

To import Compass ".dat" files to Therion ".th" I use Auriga or Topodroid. It's fine.

Searching in the mail Archive I have found Torsten have made a excel macro tool too.

https://www.mail-archive.com/therion@speleo.sk/msg07339.html

The inverse conversion is more problematic. Topodroid do a similar Therion/Survey approach, and put all the data in only one survey. Here is very important to have all the data in surveys (centerline) and sections (survey), with its survey date  and fix station or declination. To be able to use the Blunder detection tool I will have to reconstruct by hand all the header information of the survey (date and fix station or declination).

I'm doing tests with Auriga, but for now I don't have good results either.

Regards,

Evaristo.