Hi David,

> Does anyone know how to remove the lines that appear between survey
> stations used for surveying around surface features?

symbol-hide group surface-centreline

This also hides the stations. If you want those, you need to put them back:

symbol-show point station

And then you can also hide the temporary stations, so only the
fixed/painted/permanent stations are shown:

symbol-hide point station:temporary

The statements are interpreted in the order you write them, so put the
most generic one first, then get more specific. As far as I remember,
you cannot choose to show/hide only surface temporary stations while
showing only the underground painted ones (you can only do the whole
surface centreline at once, while the stations relate to surface and
underground at the same time). Maybe others know of a way though.

> Apart from this, the surface feature drawing all works pretty well,
> using the line type "border" with "clip" set to "off".

I like slope for dolines, and pitch for cliffs.

https://therion.speleo.sk/wiki/surfacefeatures

Cheers,

Tarquin