Hi there,

Since I upgraded to the last version of Therion (6.01) on Windows my
maps refuse to compile even though they used to compile just fine
before and still compile under the previous version (on a Linux
machine)

Specifically this piece of code in LayoutStandards.thc drafted by
Bruce Mutton found here:
https://therion.speleo.sk/wiki/_media/templates:layoutstandards.txt

  code metapost
  %these colours affect fills, not the linework
    !color colour_water_bg; %! forces interpretation as metapost
    colour_water_bg := (0.82,.93,.95);      %light blue
    !color colour_sump_bg;  %! forces interpretation as metapost
    def_transparent_rgb (tr_color_sump_bg, .44, .81, .92) %transparent
version
    colour_sump_bg := (.44,.81,.92);    %dark blue

    %these colours affect the linework
    !color colour_rope;  %! forces interpretation as metapost
    colour_rope :=  (0.35,0.75,1.0);    %blue
    endcode

Gives the following error message:

>> def_transparent_rgb
! Isolated expression.
<to be read again>
                   (
l.6979 def_transparent_rgb (
                            tr_color_sump_bg, .44, .81, .92) %transparent
ve...
I couldn't find an `=' or `:=' after the
expression that is shown above this error message,
so I guess I'll just ignore it and carry on.

! Extra tokens will be flushed.
<to be read again>
                   (
l.6979 def_transparent_rgb (
                            tr_color_sump_bg, .44, .81, .92) %transparent
ve...
I've just read as much of that statement as I could fathom,
so a semicolon should have been next. It's very puzzling...
but I'll try to get myself back together, by ignoring
everything up to the next `;'. Please insert a semicolon
now in front of anything that you don't want me to delete.
(See Chapter 27 of The METAFONTbook for an example.)

I tried adding some := and =, but this just leads to the following
error message:

>> def_transparent_rgb
>> (tr_color_sump_bg,0.44,0.81,0.92)
! Equation cannot be performed (numeric=cmykcolor).
<to be read again>
                   colour_sump_bg
l.6980 colour_sump_bg
                      := (.44,.81,.92);    %dark blue
I'm sorry, but I don't know how to make such things equal.
(See the two expressions just above the error message.)

! Extra tokens will be flushed.
<to be read again>
                   colour_sump_bg
l.6980 colour_sump_bg
                      := (.44,.81,.92);    %dark blue
I've just read as much of that statement as I could fathom,
so a semicolon should have been next. It's very puzzling...
but I'll try to get myself back together, by ignoring
everything up to the next `;'. Please insert a semicolon
now in front of anything that you don't want me to delete.
(See Chapter 27 of The METAFONTbook for an example.)

Any ideas how to fix this?

Cheers,

Anton