Hi Bruce,

thanks for pointing it out. I have tried to allow map containing only
previews, but there were apparently a lot of subsequent issues with its
zero dimensions. Normally, previews are ignored when calculating the extent
of a map. So I have modified the error message according to your
suggestion.

I assume the same map can be generated using a single map-fg color and
hiding all symbols. Or am I missing something?

S.