Presenting Mapiah.

Mapiah is my take on a multi-platform, more friendly, modern and performant
graphical interface for Therion. It's written in C++/Qt. It aims to be as
compatible as practical and possible with XTherion.

This is the "proof-of-concept" release.

It's source code and it's releases files can be found at the projects home at
SourceForge: https://sourceforge.net/projects/mapiah/

Please let me know what you think about it, if it has any future, if you want
to help.

*The name*

Mapiah is a international friendly version of the portuguese word "mapear" on
the sentence "vamos mapear?" - "let's go surveying?" or "let's go mapping?" -
which is usually pronounced [vʌmu mapi'a].

*Multi-platform*

Right now we have both Linux and Windows releases as these are the OSs I have
access and minimal experience with. Until some Mac user steps up, that's the
way it's gonna be.

Having said that, the idea is to follow best practices during Mapiah's
development to ease the release process on all target platforms: Linux, Windows
and Mac.

*The C++/Qt choices*

Going backwards, the Qt framework was chosen as it has an open source
compatible version. It's mature, powerful and seems to take multi-platform
support seriously.

The first idea was to use Qt Python as the "friendly" requirement could also be
applied to the language chosen but in the end I decided to go with C++ because
I believe that a C++ application might be more easily distributable across all
platforms.

*The "proof-of-concept" release*

The basic reading and writing functionality supposely is th concept being
proved in this release. Supposely because the actual concept I am trying to
prove myself with this release is that I can write functional and decent C++/Qt
code which, for the time being, is kinda proved.

*Functionality*

This 0.0.1 release can read a TH2 file, present it on the screen and save it.

With an open file you can change the zoom level and write the file again.

You should be able to see your TH2 file on screen correctly and the saved file
should be functionally identical to the original one.

All point, line, area, scrap and XTHERION options should be properly read and
saved even if most aren't actually understood/acted upon.

*License*

This software is licensed under GPL 3 or later.

*WARNINGS*

PLEASE TEST!

DON'T OVERRIDE YOUR ORIGINAL FILE WITH THE ONE WRITTEN BY MAPIAH!!

THIS IS A PRE-ALPHA VERSION!!!

Regards,

Rodrigo Severo