Thank you for the feedback!

This is very helpful, and I think each one could be a new issue on
GitHub, where it can be properly discussed.

You actually can already unlink Bézier handles from each other, by
pressing Alt (or Option) and dragging the handle. This is only
available in the Detail select tool, because line editing features are
supposed to be handled by Detail select, while you can draw lines with
both Draw and Bézier tools. This might be confusing coming from
XTherion, but I stand by this design decision. The Alt key is not very
well documented, you can find it here:
https://github.com/daem-on/wtherion/wiki/Tools%20reference#detail-select
which is the partially outdated documentation.

You can view all keybinds and edit them in the Keybind editor in the
menu, but unfortunately Escape is a special case and cannot be bound.
You can press Enter to end a Bézier line, or switch to another tool to
do it automatically. (Keybinds are also not persisted yet)

You are right that the undo snapshots do not happen often enough, I
was concerned about performance because it's a very simple undo
implementation, it stores a snapshot of the entire project in memory
for each operation. In the future I might make optimisations, but
right now I could just add more snapshots, and also a way to restore
which object was being edited at that time. You can view the undo
stack in the History panel, and see which operations are not being
saved.

Snapping is already a feature request from over a year ago, and it's
harder to do than in XTherion, since here you can move multiple
segments, entire objects, or multiple objects at the same time. I
don't really know how that would work, I imagine this would only be
implemented for single segment selection with Detail select. You can
discuss this here: https://github.com/daem-on/wtherion/issues/22

There was a zoom indicator in the original vector editor and I didn't
think it was worth the screen space, but it's easy to implement.

I don't think the scale you draw at in wtherion is very important,
since you can, at any point, select all objects and scale them
together by an arbitrary factor (hold Shift for keeping proportions).
But it is possible to add a scaling option somewhere, there's just no
place to add it currently, since wtherion Configuration would affect
every project and projects have no settings of their own.

As for the symbol set, the previews in the type list and the "Custom
rendering" feature are all purely informative, if you're working with
a different symbol set you can just turn them off or ignore them. If I
understand correctly, this is not a concern in XTherion because it
doesn't tell you anything about the symbols, you can get basically the
same experience in wtherion.

Once again, thank you, I hope this will lead to many improvements.
Csongor

Tarquin Wilton-Jones via Therion <therion@speleo.sk> ezt írta
(időpont: 2024. ápr. 17., Sze, 11:14):