Hi Pat!
Even I am facing a similar situation right now. We have recently upgraded
to thinking-sphinx 3 and it generates unnecessary group by attributes to
the indexing query. The query takes forever (> 30 min) to finish in the
mysql. Just removing the group by attribute makes it complete in less than
9 minutes.
Is there a patch or a workaround which will help me solve this issue. We
are stuck at this as our app indexing is taking very long time, hence a few
hours to deploy
We are using MySQL as the database