Hi,

I'm having an issue that just started recently. Indexing appears to
complete successfully, but new entries are not appearing in search results
(older entries appear).

This seems to have started after I tried a rake ts:rebuild instead of what
I normally used (rake ts.reindex). I have since switched back to a reindex,
but still nothing new seems to be getting picked up.  Unfortunately I am
running an older version of Ruby (1.8.7), Rails (2.3.18) and Sphinx (Sphinx
1.10-beta (r2420)).

My model definition is as follows:

define_index do
    indexes title
    indexes body
    has journal_id
    has created_at, opened_at, status_id

    where "status_id = #{Status.active.id}"
  end

The output of calling rake ts:reindex is:

Sphinx 1.10-beta (r2420)

Copyright (c) 2001-2010, Andrew Aksyonoff

Copyright (c) 2008-2010, Sphinx Technologies Inc (http://sphinxsearch.com)

using config file
'/home/ubuntu/rails/penzu/config/pandora_readonly.sphinx.conf'...

indexing index 'entry_core'...

collected 19940635 docs, 34535.3 MB

WARNING: sort_hits: merge_block_size=224 kb too low, increasing mem_limit
may improve performance

sorted 6182.9 Mhits, 100.0% done

total 19940635 docs, 34535317325 bytes

total 16953.201 sec, 2037097 bytes/sec, 1176.21 docs/sec

indexing index 'entry_delta'...

collected 0 docs, 0.0 MB

total 0 docs, 0 bytes

total 0.155 sec, 0 bytes/sec, 0.00 docs/sec

skipping non-plain index 'entry'...

total 92992 reads, 1534.381 sec, 228.9 kb/call avg, 16.5 msec/call avg

total 40583 writes, 192.954 sec, 1042.6 kb/call avg, 4.7 msec/call avg

rotating indices: succesfully sent SIGHUP to searchd (pid=3802).

So it all appears successful, but no new results appear. So for instance,
if i add a new entry, and then call reindex, that entry is not found in
search results. But an entry with the same search term from a month ago
does appear in the results.

I have tried a complete rake ts:index, I have tried deleting all of the
generated index files (entry_core.spp, entry_core.spi, etc.) but nothing
seems to make a difference. Does anybody have any ideas what might be
happening here, or any other suggestions for what I can try?

Thanks,
Simon