Hi Pat

May I check in with you about an issue we're having with soft deleted users
being filtered out of searches?

We're runnning thinking sphinx 4.0.0 with real time indices, soft deleting
users (without active record destroy callbacks) and have a default scope on
users { where(:deleted_at => nil) }
We run 'flying-sphinx regenerate' each night - after which deleted users no
longer show up in searches. Are we right in thinking that having the
default scope means deleted users won't be added to the index?

We are going to remove the default scope! In the meantime, is there a way
to prevent thinking-sphinx from filtering out deleted users / unscoping our
default scope when the index is being generated? We're trying to avoid
batch updating deleted users to manually trigger real time callbacks.

We also noticed in development that running rake ts:index doesn't filter
out deleted users, but running rake ts:rebuild does. Could you explain why
this is?

Thank you
Simone