I'm not necessarily certain that the machine that had depot warranty can 
subsequently be upgraded to an onsite service after the first 30 days - that's 
the first thing that I'd verify.

In my experience, onsite support is very desirable feature. YMMV.

In the past, all ThinkPads were eligible for a 5-year warranty 
extension/upgrade. That might have changed, but I'd still look into it.

Good luck.

Cheers,

George
 

 



-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Webber <[email protected]>
To: ThinkPad List <[email protected]>
Sent: Sun, Jun 24, 2012 2:14 pm
Subject: [Thinkpad] X220: warranty extension?

 
 
 
I have 2 days left on my original 1yr warranty. Lenovo.com says I only 
get one shot at extension, must extend before warranty expires, and 
that I have these options: 
 
        None  $0.00 
        1Yr Onsite Warranty Next Business Day  $39.00 
        2Yr Base Warranty Extension  $69.00 
        3Yr Base Warranty Extension  $119.00 
        2Yr Onsite Warranty Next Business Day  $139.00 
        3YR Onsite  $219.00 
        3 Year Onsite Priority Technical Support  $279.00 
 
They don't really define what (if any) difference there is between the 
3yr $219 plan and the 3yr $279 plan -- presumably PTS is something 
better but they don't say what. 
 
Assuming this machine will be used for at least another 2 years, is it 
worth the extra $100 for onsite? ($119 vs $219). I haven't had any 
service yet, so I can live with paying for 3yr of onsite coverage and 
only getting 2yr (if I'd extended when I bought the machine, that 
first year would be upgraded). 
 
I'm also worried that no matter what I do, when I click on the link 
for warranty extensions, it always takes me from "Canada - English" to 
"United States". Are the warranty options the same for both? 
 
Finally, a few weeks ago I stumbled on a page that was offering more 
and confusing options, all the way out to 5 years. Is it possible 
those were offered, or did I just get there by accident? 
 
Thanks! 
 
 
--  
 Andrew                          mailto:[email protected] 
 
_______________________________________________ 
Thinkpad mailing list 
[email protected] 
http://stderr.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/thinkpad 
 

  

_______________________________________________
Thinkpad mailing list
[email protected]
http://stderr.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/thinkpad

Reply via email to