When using Thunar with the icon-view it regularly happens
that I need some additional information about a file or
a folder.
Right now I have the choice between:
a) changing to the detailed list view / and change back to
the icon-view afterwards
or
b) using the properties dialog (e.g. right click, Properties, Permissions)
Both can be quite annoying.

I would be nice to have additional information for the active file or
folder in  the Statusbar.
Right now I can see there "Name" (Size) Type   when clicking on a file.

I would love to see all the information of the detailed list-view.
(This would even be configurable by the View/Configure Columns!)
This would save me a lot of time and would extend usability of the
icon-view for all users - I guess ;-)

Thanks a lot for programing Thunar
Christian