Auke Kok wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just had a chat with some freedesktop.org people (Keith Packard and Bart
> Massay from PSU) who were surprised to hear that Xfce wasn't accepted as a
> google summer of code project. They are interested to see if Xfce may be able
> to piggy back on fd.o's projects and thus enter google's summer of code.

Another project Xfce could piggyback/share projects with may be OLPC.
With it's lower memory requirements it looks as a good fit for 128M
machines. So either further footprint reduction work or making sure Xfce
  modules all play well with 800x600 and 640x480 and black and white
screens could be ideas. It does not seem like too much fun though :)