On 8/2/06, Erlend Davidson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Samuel Verstraete wrote:
> Hi Benny,
>
> 2 small issues...
>
> First: I was wondering if the expected behaviour of overwriting files
> would be to store the "overwritten" file in the trash... i certainly
> was expecting this but it might be just me ;)

You mean if you edit a file called myfile the old (unedited) version is
stored as myfile~... but you're saying you want the myfile~ to be in the
trash?

I guess it isn't what he means, even because any FM could be able to do that... It should be resposability of the editor (or whatever app you are using) to do it.
I guess what he meant was when you copy/move a file over another (using Thunar), effectively overwriting it, it could get the to-be-overwritten file and put it in trash before overwriting it.
But I don't really think this is reasonable... And for big files, could create a big performance issue, not to tell about disk space....

--
Abraços,
      Rodrigo