Thanks for this. It works fine when the text elements are short and
there's room for them all on the line. The left element seemed to
dominate the available space when there were length conflicts so I
need to think through whether that would occur much in the situations
I envisage. But if so, my use of multiple justifications on a single
line would probably be inappropriate anyway.

Many thanks indeed.

Kevin