> This seems to give a drop-down menu of tiddlers as a sorted list when
> you click on the link in the MainMenu, but when you click "open all",
> the newer tiddlers till appear below older ones. Did I miss
> something ?

No.  I did.  The CoreTweak that adds the 'sortby' param to the <<tag>>
macro needs to also adjust the code in the onClickTagOpenAll()
function so that it can perform the necessary sorting before
displaying the tagged tiddlers.  I'm working on this, and will post an
update soon (probably later today).

> In BreadcrumbsPlugin, there is an option to limit open tiddlers to a
> specified max number of items, would that help to resolve the problem
> left ?

That would certainly limit the number of open tiddlers, and could be
sufficient for your needs.  However, it doesn't really address the
issue that I was talking about, which is that there is currently no
way to limit the number of tiddler titles that will appear in the
<<tag>>-generated *popup list*.

-e
Eric Shulman
TiddlyTools / ELS Design Studios