FrD

I tried TiddlyLockPlugin but found that, although using some TWs all
by myself, I was sometimes told I could not effect changes because the
TW was locked. I'm guessing that maybe I closed some TWs without
saving changes and hence left the TW locked.

It's easy enough to unlock the TW - you just delete a lock file - but
this isn't something your network users might know and they could find
they're locked out of TWs they'd normally expect to be able to change.
It may be that a change in user behaviour would avoid the problem but
I doubt my users will remember any unintuitive or inconvenient rules
if that's what TiddlyLockPlugin really needs.

Others in this group might be better placed to clarify the
circumstances in which this can occur or how to avoid it. But it's
occurred often enough to me that I'm quite wary of using this solution
at present.

At the very least, might I suggest you implement it in a TW that
you'll use a lot and see if you encounter the same problems before
deploying it widely.

Like you I'd like to deploy in a multi-user environment but haven't
yet explored whether there are alternatives to TiddlyLockPlugin or
whether I can avoid the inconvenient lock-outs more reliably.

Good luck.

Kevin