I reloaded the  document after each time I entered a new username.  I
am still able to see the Backstage.  I also tried searching for
backstage and the only thing that shows up is the [[Config Tweaks]].

I tried loading your fix into an empty copy and was not able to get it
to work that way either.

I have used the zzTweak that is listed on the tiddlywiki.org site and
that works to remove the Backstage but it also puts it into a read
only mode and if I try to remove that the backstage no longer is
hidden.

Again, thanks for your help.