Hi all:

I really like tiddlywiki and am looking forward to using it for a few
purposes including documentation.

But one thing is killing me. I am copying a lot of text from another
wiki (TWiki) and from other
documents. Thse have embedded newlines, and tiddlywiki is displaying
these newlines rather then wrapping
the text and breaking lines only on paragraph boundaries (or explict
embedded newlines).

Is there any way to get:

    line1 of text.[newline]
    line2 of text and[newline]
    line3 of text
    [empty line]
    line 4 of text

to render as:

    line1 of text. line2 of text and line3 of text
    [line break]
    line 4 of text

because editing paragraphs of text that span 10 or more lines is
really a pain in the .....

I have seen:

  http://www.samrowe.com/tiddley/

PatchForTheRegExp which seem to indicate that it is doable:

<pre>
    PatchForTheRegExp

    Substitute the relevant fragment in the original code by:

    if(theMatch[1] ) createTiddlyLink(parent,theMatch[0],true);
    else if(theMatch[2] ) createExternalLink(parent,theMatch[0]);
    else if(theMatch[3] ) parent.appendChild(document.createElement

    i.e . kill the '!= ""' part.

    I also changed the pattern for breaks to "\\n\\n" to need double
LF for a br, more wiki-like
</pre>

but I'll be darned if I can make heads or tails of that for the
version 2.4 tiddlywiki I am running.

Thanks in advance for any ideas/fixes.

-- rouilj
John Rouillard