> Eric, this makes sense.  I'll try putting it behind a slider in the
> main menu instead of in the menu plainly.  I assume that will fix the
> problem.

The TW core <<slider>> macro renders the slider content right away,
even if the slider panel is not initially visible.  If you use
TiddlyTools' NestedSlidersPlugin, then you can use the 'deferred
rendering' feature (the "..." syntax) to create a 'lazy slider' that
will not be rendered until it is displayed.

However... this is not sufficient to solve your problem, because once
the slider is rendered, the same "computed parameter has already been
calculated" problem exists.

-e