> Oh, how shift+* is the bane of my existence. Its just takes so long to
> press the shift key then find the * !
> What I have done many times is simply use a period to create a more
> efficient bullet.  E.g.,
> . one
> . two
> . three
> Am I crazy to request a tweak for using a period for a bullet?  Is
> there something out there that can do it for me?

Well, you *could* tweak the bullet formatter to recognize "." in
addition to "*", but I don't recommend it: if you ever want to share a
tiddler using your custom bullet syntax, it would require that the
receiving document also have the same tweak, or the bullets will
simply be rendered as-is (i.e. dots without indentation).

Nonetheless, if this is decreased portability is acceptable for your
specific use-case, the following code (in a tiddler tagged with
'systemConfig') should do the trick:
---------------
var f=config.formatters[config.formatters.findByField('name','list')];

All this does is to add "\\." to the match pattern, and (\.) to the
lookahead pattern.  Don't forget to save-and-reload for the change to
take effect.

enjoy,
-e
Eric Shulman