Sorry for the somewhat delayed response; the last week was very busy for
me, and some technical issues got in the way as well...

> backstage sync shows 'errors in macro <<sync>>'

If you click on that message, the resulting popup should give you more
information about the error - could you let us know what it says?
Also see this page:
      http://www.tiddlywiki.org/wiki/Troubleshooting

> renaming isn't working

As you've guessed, it's a missing feature in the TiddlyWeb adaptor for
now. It's nothing massively complicated - I simply haven't gotten around
to it yet.

> creating a new tiddler is't working! I think the necessary fields for
> syncing are missing

That sounds likely.

However, a few weeks ago we made TiddlyWeb instances create a "common"
bag by default, and the TiddlyWebConfig plugin then sets the respective
variable (config.defaultCustomFields) accordingly.

So if that bag and all the latest plugins (TiddlyWebAdaptor,
TiddlyWebConfig, ServerSideSavingPlugin) are present, everything should
be working fine.
Maybe it's just that the "common" bag is missing because you'd created
your instance before we implemented this change?

> the only thing we miss, we borrowed the wizard plugin from teamtasks
> and modified it to create some default tiddlers from forms
> [...]
> I think the essential fields for tiddlyweb are missing and we don't
> now the syntax

You need to add some fields in the saveTiddler call:
      store.saveTiddler(title, newTitle, newBody, modifier, modified,
          tags, {
              "server.type": "tiddlyweb",
              "server.host": "<URI>",
              "server.bag": "<bag>"