> I haven't installed a plugin before, but I found this page:
>
> http://tiddlywikiguides.org/index.php?title=How_do_I_install_a_plugin%3F

Those instructions are very old.  Rather than installing tiddlers via
the error-prone manual copy-and-paste method it describes, you should
use the TW core's built-in backstage>import feature to install the
complete tiddler directly from it's remote source URL.

> here is the source of the plugin tiddler I copied'n'pasted from the
> coretweaks site:

I'm not sure what's wrong there... at first glance, the code *looks*
OK... but it's hard to tell after it's been copied and pasted from
TiddlyTools, into your document, and then from there into
GoogleGroups, which does some forced re-formatting (adding linebreaks
where they don't belong).

Please install a complete, unmodified copy of the CoreTweaks plugin,
as this will ensure that you haven't somehow accidentally mangled any
of my code.  In addition, this retains the surrounding formatting and
documentation as well as the *required* credits, back links to source,
and reference to terms of use that is contained in the 'slice table'
at the top of every TiddlyTools *licensed* component.

Once you've got a freshly installed copy of CoreTweaks, give it
another try...

-e
Eric Shulman
TiddlyTools / ELS Design Studios