On Feb 2, 10:54 am, Reenen Laurie <rlau...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think the best is to write a "cleansing" script.  Which just removes the
> older revisions.  (What happens in the python if there is only a file named
> 6, but no 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5?... Also what's the next revision's name?)

If there's only file named 6, the next revision will be 7. The list is
sorted and the max number taken and 1 added.

So a cleansing script would work with the current text store.

> Also, the way I understand the design choice was, that hard drive space is
> not much of a premium, and text can go mb's and mb's without really
> affecting anything.

That's right. I'm sure there are many situations where this wouldn't
true, thus the flexibility of the store system: to allow people to do
other things that work better.