> If I use Tiddly Tiddly on a slow LAN will it decrease save times?

I can't say for sure, but I doubt it will make a significant difference.
It's worth testing though.

You might use the chkDisplayInstrumentation option via AdvancedOptions
(make sure you have "Show hidden options" activated at the bottom) to
get some detailed statistics.

> I am assuming I can use all of my normal plugins etc.

Yes, TinyTiddly is essentially just like TiddlyWiki.

-- F.