I'm suspicious that sync may be causing my TWs to hog processor
especially as some postings here suggest elements of it are more
fragile under IE than FireFox and may problems only arise under the
former.

But I'm not clear whether any sync processing is done during normal
viewing and editing of tiddlers or whether it's only done when using
the backstage sync menu. If the latter, then presumably sync isn't
causing my problems.

Can anyone clarify when sync processing takes please please? I
understand that actual synchronization only occurs when I tell the TW
to do so but I wasn't clear when the status of tiddler synchronization
was checked for example.

Thanks

Kevin