> it is possible to click on the Previewed text and then the "edit box"
> auto scroll to the matching line (and vice versa).  If it can be done,

While it may be relatively simple to know the x,y position of a mouse
click, there can be multiple DOM elements that all overlap at any
given x,y location, so it is somewhat more difficult to figure out
which element the user actually thinks they are clicking upon.

Unfortunately, even if a specific clicked-on element can be
identified, finding "the matching line" in the tiddler soruce is
really hard.  Basically, the TW rendering engine, wikify(), is a one-
way translator: it processes wiki syntax and macros and then renders
one *or more* DOM elements into the current tiddler display.  For
example, if you've used <<tiddler>>, <<tabs>>, or <<slider>> to
transclude content from another tiddler, the rendered output will have
numerous DOM elements that aren't even defined in the current tiddler
source.  Thus, there isn't always an unambigous one-to-one
correspondence between the rendered content and the current tiddler
source content.

There are also lots of plugin-defined custom macros that can generate
multiple DOM elements that vary based on the macro's parameters.  As a
result, it's nearly impossible to determine a match between a given
clicked-on element and some corresponding macro instance... and, even
if it were possible, I expect that the code to do it would be
ridiculously complicated.

sorry.

-e
Eric Shulman