> Why does the txtUserName cookie work fine in FF3 with ver 2.2.5 of
> TW, but not 2.4.1?

TiddlyWiki's cookie handling should not have changed between those
versions*, so this is most likely a browser issue.

Firefox 3 is not supposed to store cookies for local files:
     http://tiddlywiki.org/wiki/Firefox#Cookies
However, I /believe/ I'd also noticed some inconsistencies in the past.
However, I haven't been able to make out a reliable/reproducible
pattern, so it's hard to analyze this...

-- F.

* that's just a guess, so I might be wrong