As per my self answered post I have discovered that the
RemindersPlugin Clashes with SearchOptionsPlugin resulting in
showreminders only displaying "No upcoming Events".

Disabling SearchOptionsPlugin fixes it.

As I am not yet a developer I have not yet attempted to identify the
code fault. Perhaps Eric could look at it as I presume he owns the
SearchOptionsPlugin even if tiddlytools only makes references to
reminderplugin such as in the CalendarPlugin.

My attempts to contact the owner/maintainer of remindersplugin was
unsuccessful (Simon Baird).

I think this is a very valuable plugin as is Eric's search options
plugin so I hope we can get them to co-exist.

Thanks Tony