Ooops,

Question two answered, Question one eludes me;

Question one, How to automatically Tag the tiddler created from the
Calandar Plugin. Perhaps being able to specify a tiddler as the source
of content, a tiddler template (not of the view edit type).

Answer to Question two for the record was
Found and changed the settings in DatePluginConfig

config.macros.date.format="YYYY-0MM-0DD"; // default date display
format
config.macros.date.linkformat="YYYY-0MM-0DD"; // 'dated tiddler' link
format

TonyM