How did you Import the "old data"?
I have had mixed results with the built in Import function - I have
been using
http://www.tiddlytools.com/#ImportTiddlersPlugin (with much better
results)

Might try a fresh, empty 2.5 - and re import. ..

Can try it here (without installing via bookmarklet)
http://www.tiddlytools.com/#InstantBookmarklets

Last idea - are any of the tiddlers being imported Plugins?
Might try importing everything but the Plugins, see if that changes
anything.

Hope that helps,

Mike