Here's a very minor, possibly silly, example of using TW as a
relational database. I have a set of tiddlers tagged as "Seeds" that
provide germination and yield times. Then, as items are planted, I
create tiddlers tagged as "seedaction". An option in the sidebar helps
set these up. Essentially, items tagged as "Seeds" become the parent
table of items tagged as "seedaction".

The result can be viewed via the GardenView tiddler, which uses inline
script using some code from Eric Shulman as a starter. Estimated yield
and germination dates are calculated and displayed in a sortable
table. This makes it easy to tell when certain events should be
happening, and when things are taking too long. A link on the end of
the table lets you quickly visit a tiddler and make updates to a
seedaction. I suppose the project could be enhanced with some sort of
form for setting up new seedactions, but its so simple already just to
cut and paste, that it hardly seems necessary.

  http://marksbasement.tiddlyspot.com/index.html#GardenView

-- Mark