> I'm using the multiple select now and can select multiple items. I've
> amended the edit template. However I can only select ones which are
> next to each other on the list. For example if the list is
>
> Foo
> Bar
> Baz
>
> I can't select 'Foo' and 'Baz'

shift-click selects a contiguous range of items
ctrl-click toggles selection of individual items

Thus, if you ctrl-click on 'foo' and 'baz' they should be selected.
Alternatively, click on 'foo', shift-click on 'baz', and then ctrl-
click on 'bar' (to deselect it) to produce the same result.

enjoy,
-e