Hi Mans
let's go to verify your ftp behaviour. I have simulated your
situation.
try this:
Edit topmenu tiddler and add these lines:
* {{span{<<closeAll>><<setIcon http://passaportdemocions.com/images/closeall.png
"" notext>>}}}
* [img[http://passaportdemocions.com/images/separa.png]]

I've stored these two images on a web server, tested and runs well.

I want to explain how is Glass made.
Glass have 2 general files:
1 notebook.html: for the user/s sotored in his own computer with local
images and  directories.
2 TWserver.html: for updates. this file is stored on internet and have
no images because are not necessary.

The updater tiddler is who triggers the loadtiddlersplugin. You don't
need to change anything on Loadtiddlersplugin you only need to change
the updater tiddler.
My updater tiddler points to TWserver.html like this: ...http://
dl.getdropbox.com/(...)/TW/TWServer.html ... You have to change this
address to points to your ftp file.

If you plan to store the images and icons on your ftp server I think
that is no good idea however it's possible but you must change a lot
of tiddlers and the stylesheet tiddler. But if you wanto to store only
some images (used in speficic tiddlers) simply put they http://...
address.

Sorry my english and tell me if it runs.