This is not about DeprecatedFunctionsPlugin. The answer is quite
simple: You do not have the images uploaded to the folder where your
tiddlywiki is stored. Therefore, download all images from lewcid, save
them in the folder of your tiddlywiki or even upload them to a
location of your choice, if you're working online (e.g. on tiddlyspot)
most of the time.

As for me, I find it more useful to use the macro renameButton of the
iconMacro. Those tiny icons are hardly more visual than single
C...apital letters.

Unfortunately AttachFilePluginFormatters are not yet working with the
IconMacro, though that shouldn't be too hard to achieve. This would
allow you to attach those images directly to your singlefile
tiddlywiki and load them into your HoverMenu.