You are absolutely correct, Mark.

Local file import using back stage.
               I have never seen an error message like that in any TW
and I have been using TW every day for about two years now.

My environment is Windows XP
FireFox version 3.0.11
TW Version receiving: 2.3.0   I didn't have an empty.html for v2.4
TW Version Sending:  2.1.3  Its the Packing List application. I just
had an inspiration of using the checkbox tiddlers to keep track of
Active and Closed work orders. I wanted to use some of the tools as a
starting point.

In the meantime, I have been copying tiddlers and plugins by the copy
and paste method.
Any cautions you would care to give will be appreciated.

Thanks,
IanO