At the rate current technology is changing, who can say what
technologies will be viable in another decade for javascript,
browsing, or even operating systems? I don't think there is a single
application that you could latch onto and be guaranteed that it will
still be here 10 years from now.

That said, the data in TW is stored between <div> tags, and can be
exported into XML format. Which means that if it ever looks like TW is
about to be abandoned, for whatever reason, its likely that you'll be
able to get the data out in some format that can then be picked up by
whatever will be the current best-selling knowledge manager.

Hopefully as computer speed and memory increase, the current
limitations of TW should actually be less severe.

As a side comment, if there's a latex to RTF converter, then maybe
Jason's approach could help lainS with his cut/paste/format/paste
regimen.

Mark