> But if I
> make a change to a field using some other method (e.g., by using a
> "store.setValue" script in another tiddler, or by changing a Tickler
> date in mGTD), that does not affect the changecount.
> cmari

I see. In this case the way those scripts are written is the reason
why the changecount doesn't get updated with a custom field change.
Guess, would be easy to change those scripts for a javascript literate
(sorry, not me though..).

But if you posted the particular script here, someone might come up
with the necessary addition?

Regards..