Oops, I suspect the problem is mine since I forgot that in fact I
wasn't trying to use the script exactly as written.  Sorry.  I wanted
to merely produce a list of tiddlers - rather than changing
DefaultTiddlers - so I changed the last line.

<script>
var titles=[];
var now=new Date().getTime();
var tids=store.getTiddlers('modified','excludeLists').reverse();
for (var i=0; i<tids.length && now-tids[i].modified.getTime()
<86400000; i++) {
      //  if (tids[i].isTagged('journal'))
                titles.push(String.encodeTiddlyLink(tids[i].title));
}
return titles.join('\n');
</script>
cmari